Thursday Night Classes
Thursday Night Classes
4 week course held on Thursday nights for 2.5hrs.
January 11th - 6pm-8:30pm
January 18th - 6pm-8:30pm
January 25th - 6pm-8:30pm
February 1st - 6pm-8:30pm
What you will learn
- Skills & techniques for drawing in a realistic style
- Applying those techniques to a new portrait from start to finish (which you will complete by the end of the course!)
- Secret industry tips and advice
WEEK 1 - Eyes & brows
yes are the centrepiece of the face and the most crucial part of nailing the expression of your subject. We'll get straight into drawing the eyes & brows, making sure each detail comes through effectively.
WEEK 2 - Other facial features
he mouth, nose, ears and chin are just as important as the eyes, and where we really start to see the face come together. With a few simple techniques, we'll work closely on each facial feature and making them pop off the page.
WEEK 3 - Skin
Skin is my favourite part as this gives the face dimension and that realistic effect. This week we learn about shading and my secret sauce techniques that I use in my signature portrait artworks.
WEEK 4 - Hair
Hair is regularly claimed to be the hardest part about portrait work. Over the years I have learnt some super effective ways to simplify the process and draw hair more quickly & easily.
What you will get
- COURSE ONLY STUDENTS - At the end of the 4 weeks you will walk away with a completed Portrait Illustration, workbook & PDF, plenty of new skills and a boost of inspiration!
- COURSE + ARTKIT STUDENTS - You will also receive a curated artkit of all the supplies I personally use, at your first class.
- COURSE + ARTKIT + 1 ON 1 STUDENTS - As well as the artkit, you will also receive a 1-hour 1-on-1 session with me to critique your work and offer feedback. Sessions will be arranged after enrolment.
- Cheese & Wine at each class!
What to bring
- Feel free to bring along any art supplies you already have but everything will be provided for you anyway.
- A keenness to learn!
What to wear
Clothes that make you feel awesome!
This course is suitable for all drawing levels, this may be of particular interest to those who already draw and want to boost their realism skills even further.